- One 24-count pack of BIC Xtra-Strong Mechanical Pencils With Erasers
- Thick lead mechanical pencil offers dependable performance with break-resistant 0.9mm lead
- Lead advances quickly and erases easily for tidy writing and note-taking
- Colorful barrel design makes these pencils ideal for sharing
- The perfect number 2 mechanical pencils for school supplies
- Includes 40 Bic Xtra Smooth Mechanical Pencils, Bright Edition
- Manufacturer: BIC Corporation
- Model: MPCE40-BLK
- Item weight: 9.1 ounces
- The mechanical pencil for all the writing you do!
- Comes with #2 leads – so you’re good to go for standardized tests
- Jumbo erasers make do-overs a breeze
- Featuring fun, translucent barrels with a comfortable textured grip for endless writing
- Includes: 4, #2 mechanical pencils in dark blue, lime green, bright purple and magenta
- Mechanical pencil features shock-absorbing tip to reduce lead breakage
- Twistable tip eliminates the need to stop and sharpen
- #2 lead is perfect for standardized tests
- Pink eraser makes do-overs easy
- Includes 36, #2 mechanical pencils, 0.7mm
- No.1 Selling Mechanical Pencil. Source: The NPD Group/ U.S. Retail Tracking Service / Actual Unit...
- Thick, break resistant lead does not smudge and erases easily.
- Smooth writing no.2 lead is perfect for students and standardized tests.
- Always ready and accurate, never requires sharpening.
- 0.9 mm lead for less breakage.
- Mechanical pencils with 50% more lead
- No.2 lead perfect for standardized testing, great for school lists
- Smudge-resistant eraser provides clean erasing
- 0.7mm lead; for home, office, and school use
- Contains 24 mechanical pencils
- No.1 Selling Mechanical Pencil
- One BIC Pencil = 2 ½ wood case pencils
- Smooth-writing #2 lead advances easily, does not smudge, and erases cleanly
- Perfect for standardized tests - each pencil comes with three no.2 leads
- Sleek, modern design with clear barrel and vibrant clip
- Large big Convenient value pack of 40 count click macanical pencels, offers an assortment of 20 thin...
- Each # 2 pencil has smooth-writing lead that advances easily does not smudge and erases cleanly
- Always ready sharp and accurate BIC #2 mechanical pencils are the smart choice at test time
- Ideal for stocking up on your office or school supplies
- Quality you can trust from the #1 Selling Mechanical pencils, Continuous writing to ensure you're...
- 1. Valued Packaged：Come with 3pcs 0.7mm mechanical pencils in 3 colors(blue pink purple),...
- 2. Rubber Grip:Comfortable, non-slip & extra-soft rubber grip for less writing fatigue
- 3. Fun clear barrel design with candy color accents,very fancy writing pencils for School student...
- 4. Dark & Smooth Writing: Pre-loaded with lead,never needs sharpening, is super strong & smooth,...
- 5. 100% RISK FREE PURCHASE: If you are not satisfied with Nicpro mechanical pencil set , we’re...
- One 40-count pack of BIC Xtra-Smooth Number 2 Mechanical Pencils With Erasers
- Versatile 0.7mm medium point is ideal for a variety of everyday writing activities
- Always ready and never need sharpening; to advance the lead, simply click the built-in eraser
- High-quality lead doesn’t smudge and erases cleanly, so your work looks neat and professional
- The perfect mechanical pencils for school, with Number 2 lead that’s compatible with most...
- Erases cleanly, so your work looks neat and professional
How to choose the best mechanical pencils
What is the Purpose Of A Mechanical Pencils?
Mechanical pencils are designed to be easy to hold and operate. They are ideal for students who must take notes during lectures or presentations. Students can carry these pens around with ease since they are small enough to fit into a pocket or purse. Mechanical pencils are also useful for artists and designers who need to draw lines and curves.
How Do Mechanical Pens Work?
Mechanical pencils consist of two parts; the barrel and the cap. The barrel holds the lead while the cap contains the mechanism which controls the movement of the lead. The cap has three main components; the spring, the clutch and the gear train. The spring pushes the lead forward and retracts it once pressure is released. The clutch engages the gear train and moves the lead along the length of the barrel. The gear train consists of gears which allow the user to adjust the amount of lead being advanced each time he/she presses down on the pen.
Benefits of Using Mechanical Pens
The benefits of using mechanical pencils include:
They are easier to grip than regular pencils.
They are smaller and lighter than traditional pencils.
They are inexpensive compared to other types of leads.
They are reusable.
Types of Mechanical Pens
There are several different kinds of mechanical pencils available today. Some are refillable while others are disposable. Here are some examples of common mechanical pencils:
Refillable mechanical pencils - Refilling these pencils requires removing the top part of the barrel and replacing the lead cartridge. Once the lead cartridge is replaced, the pencil is ready to go again.
Disposable mechanical pencils - Disposable mechanical pencils are perfect for those who travel frequently. Since there is no need to replace the lead cartridges, these pencils are cheaper than refills. However, they are not recommended for children due to the sharp point.
Combination mechanical pencils - Combination mechanical pencils combine both features of refillable and disposable mechanical pencils. They contain a removable lead cartridge which can be removed and replaced whenever necessary.
Before purchasing a mechanical pencil, think carefully about why you need one. Are you going to school? Will you be taking notes during
The Importance of Purchasing Quality Mechanical Pencils
Mechanical pencils are very useful tools for students who must take notes during lectures, presentations, and exams. However, many students neglect to invest in these essential tools due to the high price tag associated with them. While there are cheaper alternatives available, most students still opt for the traditional mechanical pencils. Here are five reasons why you should invest in quality mechanical pencils.
1) Ergonomically Designed
Most mechanical pencils are designed ergonomically, which means they allow users to comfortably grip the pencil while writing. Most pencils are shaped in a way that prevents hand cramps and wrist pain. Some models include a retractable tip guard to further reduce discomfort. Additionally, most mechanical pencils have replaceable tips, making it easy to switch between different types of leads.
2) Easy To Use
Unlike regular pens, mechanical pencils require no ink cartridges or refills. Simply twist the barrel to change the type of lead being used. Once the desired amount of lead has been consumed, simply remove the lead holder and dispose of it. Many mechanical pencils also include a built-in sharpener, which eliminates the need for additional sharpeners.
Many mechanical pencils are constructed using metal parts, which ensures durability. Metal components are generally stronger than plastic ones, which makes them ideal for long term usage. Furthermore, metal parts are easier to maintain compared to those made of plastic. For example, replacing worn out springs requires little effort.
While mechanical pencils aren’t cheap, they are far less costly than fountain pens. As mentioned earlier, many mechanical pencils include replaceable tips, which reduces the overall cost of ownership. Moreover, most mechanical pencils are sold individually, rather than in sets, which further lowers the total cost of ownership.
Mechanical pencils are versatile enough to be used for both academic purposes and artistic endeavors. Students can use them to jot down ideas and sketches, while artists can use them to create detailed drawings and paintings. Regardless of whether you plan to use your mechanical pencils for schoolwork or art, investing in quality products will ensure years of reliable service.
As stated above, mechanical pencils are extremely beneficial for students. Not only does the design of the product promote comfort, but it also promotes efficiency.
Features To Look For When Buying Mechanical Pencils
Mechanical pencils are very useful tools for students who need to take notes during lectures or presentations. Unlike regular pens which require constant refilling, mechanical pencils allow users to draw lines using a simple mechanism.
The most common type of mechanical pencil has two parts - a barrel and a point. The barrel contains graphite powder while the point holds the tip of the pen. As the user writes, the graphite particles are pressed into the paper creating a line. Most mechanical pencils have replaceable tips, making them easy to sharpen. Some models include retractable leads, which automatically extend once pressure is applied to the barrel.
There are many different types of mechanical pencils available today. Each manufacturer offers its own unique features and benefits. Here we discuss the main characteristics of each type of mechanical pencil.
Lead Retractable Mechanical Pencils
These pencils contain a spring loaded mechanism that pushes the lead forward when pressure is applied to the barrel. Once the lead reaches the end of the barrel, it automatically retracts back inside. Lead retraction mechanisms are designed to be durable and reliable. However, these pencils cannot be sharpened.
Retractable leads are ideal for taking notes during classes where there is no access to a sharpeners. Students can carry around a single pencil rather than multiple sharpeners. Additionally, since the leads are retracted inside the barrel, they are safe from being lost or damaged.
Non-retractable Mechanical Pencils
Unlike retractable leads, non-retractable mechanical pencils do not have automatic leads. Instead, the user must manually push the lead out of the barrel. Non-retractable leads are easier to lose and break. Therefore, they are not recommended for students who frequently travel.
Conventional Mechanical Pencils
This type of pencil uses a conventional lead holder. The lead is pushed out of the barrel by applying pressure to the top of the barrel. Conventional leads are inexpensive and widely available. However, they lack durability and reliability. Because the lead does not retract, they are prone to breaking.
Ergonomic Mechanical Pencils
Ergonomically shaped mechanical pencils are designed to reduce hand strain and fatigue. Ergonomic designs improve comfort and accuracy. Many manufacturers now produce ergonomic mechanical pencils.
Mechanical pencils are very useful tools which allow us to take notes during lectures, presentations, meetings etc. There are many different kinds of mechanical pencils available in the market today. Some of these include:-
Lead pencils - Lead pencils are generally considered to be the most popular type of mechanical pencils. They consist of a metal barrel containing graphite powder and a lead holder. The lead holder contains a small amount of lead which is pushed into the barrel using a spring mechanism. Once the lead has been inserted into the barrel, the user presses the button located near the end of the barrel and the lead is released. The lead falls freely inside the barrel and is ready to be drawn upon.
Hollow point pencils - Hollow point pencils are another kind of mechanical pencils. They contain a hollow tip at the end of the barrel. As compared to regular pencils, hollow point pencils produce a softer line. However, they require a lot of pressure to push the lead into the barrel. Therefore, they are suitable for students who wish to draw fine lines.
Felt tip pencils - Felt tip pencils are designed specifically for children. They are easy to grip and hold. They are also ideal for drawing pictures and designs. Unlike normal pencils, felt tips cannot be sharpened. Hence, they must always be replaced once they become blunt.
Bamboo pencils - Bamboo pencils are extremely light weight and flexible. They are perfect for sketching and note taking purposes. Since bamboo is naturally strong, they last longer than ordinary pencils.
Carpenter pencils - Carpenter pencils are commonly known as "carpenters' pencils". They are specially designed for architects and engineers. They are quite heavy duty and durable. They are also good for making sketches and drawings.
Colored pencils - Colored pencils are widely used by artists and designers. They are available in a variety of colors including red, blue, green, yellow, orange, brown, black, white, pink, purple, grey, silver, gold, copper, bronze, turquoise, aquamarine, lavender, violet, fuchsia, olive, lime, lemon, mauve, maroon, navy, peach, rose, salmon, tangerine