- 100% ANiceSeller Brand New and High Quality.
- USB To IEEE Firewire 1394 6 Pin Female Adapter
- Converts USB Type-A to a 6-pin male connector
- Excellent quality connector provides greater conductivity and dependability
- Quantity: 1pcs ANiceSeller Cable brand ieee Covertor
- Please note that this cable only works for Sony dcr -trv75e dv this model.
- It can not work for other 1394 or usb device either.
- This product can not apply for other Sony models.
- USB Male to Firewire IEEE 1394 4 Pin Male iLink Adapter Cord Cable Length: 100cm
- Supports IEEE 1394 transfer rates of 100/200/400 Mbits
- Fully Firewire and iLINK compatible
- Molded strain relief enhances durability of cable against stress
- Connector: one side is 1394 4 pin male. the other side is USB male
- Easily connect your Thunderbolt-equipped Mac to a FireWire device with the Apple Thunderbolt to...
- Small and compact
- FireWire 800
- Connect the Firewire IEEE 1394 6 Pin Female to USB Male Adapter, a FireWire port is added to your...
- After the 1394 interface is converted to a usb port, it will affect the voltage and current of the...
- Firewire IEEE 1394 6 Pin Female to USB Male Adapter does not support CD-ROM drive. Sound cards are...
- Compatible with USB 1.1 and 2.0. Plug and play.No software is required.
- Suitable for video camera, printer, digital camera, MP3 player, PDA, scanner, hard disk etc.
- USB Type A male connector, compatible with specifications 1.1/2.0
- Make plug and play connections for devices with IEEE 1394 6 pin connector
- Compatible with USB 1.1 and 2.0
- Convenient and Useful
- Package Include: 1 PC
- What you will get: there are 4 pieces of firewire IEEE 1394 6 pin USB adapters in the package to...
- Suitable for: this female F to USB m male cable converter is designed for devices with IEEE 1394...
- Easy to use: firewire 6 pin USB adapter is plug and play, no other software is needed; Just plug the...
- Wide applications: firewire 6 pin to male USB 2.0 adapter can be applied for digital cameras,...
- Reliable material: firewire 6-pin 1394 adapter is made of plastic, and the safe material and...
- USB To IEEE 1394 4-Pin Cable
- Connect your camera to any USB port with this USB to IEEE 1394 FireWire 4-pin data cable
- Transfers data at rates up to 480 Mbps, Length: 6 ft.
- Connectors: 1 x 4-pin FireWire IEEE 1394; 1 x USB 2.0
- Compliant with IEEE 1394 specification for Bi-directional Parallel Peripheral Interface.
- 100% Brand New, High Quality
- Compatible with USB 1.1/2.0
- Make plug and play connections for devices with IEEE 1394 6 pin connector
- Perfectly designed for connecting other devices like digital camera, camcorder with IEEE 1394 6 pin...
- Color: Black
- 【High Quality】：USB Male to 4-pin Male FireWire IEEE 1394 cables are made of high-quality...
- 【Features】： Error-free data transmission is achieved through compression strain relief and PVC...
- 【Function】：USB Male / 4-pin Male 400Mbps FireWire cable, supporting IEEE 1394 transfer rate,...
- 【Application】：FireWire IEEE 1394 cable is Ideal for existing digital devicesIt can be used...
- 【Packing List】：1X FireWire IEEE 1394 cable (USB Male to 1394 4 Pin Male); enjoy our worry-free...
- This is a Male USB 2.0 to Female Firewire 6 pin 1394 adapter
- Plug and play device. No software required
- USB 1.1 and 2.0 compatible
- Simply plug the peripheral device's firewire cable into this adapter then the adapter into the USB...
- Material: Plastic. Color: Black. Weight: 12g
How to choose the best Firewire To USB
What are Firewire To USB
FireWire to USB adapters are devices used to connect external hard drives and other peripherals to computers running Mac OS X. The best part about using them is they don't require drivers.
- No Drivers Required: No software installation is needed, and no additional hardware is necessary.
- Quick Connections: When connected to a computer via FireWire port, all connections happen automatically without requiring user intervention.
- Multiple Devices Supported: Most FireWire ports support multiple devices at once, allowing users to access data stored on external storage media such as thumbdrives, flash cards, and even memory sticks.
- Expensive: They're pricey, but worth the investment if you plan on connecting many devices to your computer. There's also a cheaper version available called "Mini FireWire."
- Not Allowed On Some Computers: While FireWire to USB adapters do work on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10 operating systems, Apple computers only allow certain types of firewire connections (Apple only supports Thunderbolt 2).
The Importance of A Purchasing a Quality Firewire To USB
A quality firewire to usb adapter allows you to connect devices directly to your computer without having to use a USB port.
If you want to add external storage capabilities to your laptop, buy a good quality firewire to usb cable. There are many types of cables available today, but if you're looking for something reliable, get a direct plug into the back of your motherboard. These cables are designed to last longer than other types of cables, so they'll provide better performance over time.
What Do They Cost?
Cable prices vary widely depending on where you purchase them, but we've found the best price on our top picks is at Amazon (http://amzn.to/2g0JW8R). Depending on how old your current firewire cable is, it may cost less than $10.
Which Type Should You Get?
There are three different types of firewire to usb adapters out there:
- USB 2.0 Adapter: Provides backward compatibility with older computers, but has limited data transfer speeds.
- FireWire 800 Adapter: Provides higher speed transfers, but requires an additional power supply.
- Direct Plug Into Motherboard: Provides faster data transfer rates and eliminates the need for an extra power supply.
How Do They Work?
All firewire to usb adapters operate using the same basic principle. When plugged into a device, the connector creates a short circuit between two pins on the end of the cable. Because both ends of the cable are connected, electricity flows through the wire instead of through a USB port.
Are There Any Downsides?
Some people don't like the fact that all firewire ports look alike, so they prefer to use a separate port for each peripheral device.
However, most firewire ports come with built-in protection against electrical surges.
Features To Consider Before Buying Firewire To USB
With all the features offered by FireWire 400 and 800 cables, there are plenty of reasons why you may want to buy them. However, before you do so, make sure you know exactly what each cable offers and how they compare to other types of connectors.
1. Plug & Play
Plug & play means that once you plug the cable into the computer, the device automatically recognizes its presence and enables communication between both devices.
2. High Speed Transfer Rate
If you're transferring large files such as HD movies or music albums, a faster transfer rate could mean better performance. The maximum speed at which data can be transferred over FireWire 400/800 connections is 200 MB per second (MBps). While a 100 Mbps Ethernet connection can handle transfers up to 1 GBps, FireWire cannot compete with that.
A FireWire 800 cable costs about $10 USD compared to the price tag of $20 USD for an Ethernet cable. For those who don't mind spending extra money, FireWire provides higher speeds and has lower latency than ethernet.
Popular Firewire To USBbrands
We've all been there before... The only thing worse than having an old computer or camera that doesn't support firewire anymore is finding yourself without a compatible cable! Luckily, many manufacturers now make firewire to usb adapters, so you don't have to worry about running out of cables anytime soon.
FireWire 800/1394 (Cables) $14-$40
These types of cables allow users to connect two devices together using a single port on each device. Most commonly used for connecting cameras to computers, they also provide better transfer speeds than standard serial ports.
USB 2.0 (Cable) $10-$30
This type of cable allows multiple devices to share a single port on a computer or hub. While not quite as fast as firewire, it's still faster than regular serial connections.
Apple Thunderbolt Cables $60+
A newer version of firewire, thunderbolt supports both desktop and laptop computers, allowing them to communicate at up to 10Gbps. These cables use a different connector than normal firewire cables, but they're very similar in function.
Frequently Asked Questions About Firewire To USB
A lot of people want to know how to connect firewire devices (like hard drives) to usb ports.
How do I transfer files between my MacBook Pro and my external drive?
If you're using Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or later, simply plug the device into your computer's USB port and click the "Connect" button in Finder. The file transfers automatically.
What if my Mac doesn't recognize the device?
FireWire is Apple's proprietary standard for connecting peripherals to computers. Most newer models support both firewire and USB connections. Older models only support firewire.
Can I use a Firewire cable to connect two different types of devices together?
Yes! However, there may be compatibility issues depending on the model of each device. Make sure to check out our guide on how to determine whether your devices are compatible before purchasing cables.